Wednesday 12 January 2011

Stitched up

No. of km done: 32
No. of km to target: 968 
Conditions: Raining again
Starting music: D.A.R.E. by Gorillaz
Finishing music: Rock Star by N.E.R.D. (Hey, shuffle feature - what's with all the acronym songs???)

Well that was horrible. It's raining yet mild but not mild enough for the rain to not make you cold, so in my protective layers I was too hot but too cold otherwise, and I got a stitch about 5 minutes after setting out which persisted for the whole time I was running. This in turn put me off my stride, made me run to one side a bit so my leg now aches from compensating, and as a result the last mile was a proper, dead-legged plod.

Still, grinding out 5 miles is better than not doing 5 miles at all, so hopefully Friday will be more pleasant. And in the meantime, here's a picture I took a few weeks ago to prove it's not always rainy and wet. Sometimes, it snows too!



No comments:

Post a Comment