Wednesday 19 January 2011

First time for everything

No. of km done: 57
No. of km to target: 943 
Conditions: Sunny but cold
Starting music: Steal my Sunshine by Len
Finishing music: It's Tricky by Run DMC

Not much to report today - ran my less scenic (and hence less interesting in general) road route. Pleasant enough weather, no major aches or pains, and the blister from Monday has thankfully healed over in record time, which is good. Also good is that I managed the furthest I've run since last year without needing a 30-second breather to let my lungs catch up (3 miles), so my stamina finally seems to be coming back after having had the flu. I'd like to get to the stage where I'm running at least one of the three lots of 5 miles a week non-stop, but I don't think it would be a good idea to push myself to try and run all of them non-stop. Even a couple of 30-second breaks makes a huge difference to how tired you feel afterwards and how much wear and tear you put on yourself, and as I've got a long way to go yet I think trying not to get injured so I can keep going in general is more important than trying to knock off big chunks in one go. Besides, it's not like I'm having an hour off and a nice sit-down at the end of every mile.

The post title refers to the one thing of interest I saw today, which was when I ran past a lady with a strange-looking, very small and very nervous grey dog jumping about like crazy on a lead. Only the reason it was strange looking and very nervous was because it was actually a cat! She seemed to be willing to persevere with it, but I don't think it was enjoying itself very much at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment