Wednesday 23 March 2011

Fixed! (ish...)

No. of km done: 214
No. of km to target: 786
Conditions: Sunny and warm
Starting music: That's Not My Name by The Ting Tings
Finishing music: Thunderstruck by AC/DC

Not bad at all yesterday. New trainers have made my legs ache a bit but are much more comfortable and springy in general, new sport Walkman is on order (and £20 cheaper than the previous one), and my Nike+ Sportband decided to fix itself after I (predictably) turned it on and off again.

Only slight downer is that I've got a mild strain in one of my upper thigh muscles (oh all right, it's actually one of my buttock muscles), and until my new Walkman arrives I'm stuck using my elderly first generation iPod shuffle. As a music player it works fine, but unlike my headphones-only Walkman I have to have earbud headphones (that fall out due to ear rubbishness on my part) and also keep it in the pocket of my running shorts, which is on the back. So if I want to change track or adjust the volume while out without stopping to fish it out, I'm left randomly poking and slapping at my arse as I jog along.

Still, should be more entertaining than the usual panting and wheezing for anyone I run past. Though in fact, coupled with the panting and wheezing it could get me arrested!

No comments:

Post a Comment