Thursday 28 April 2011

Slight niggles

No. of km done: 321
No. of km to target: 679
Conditions: Sunny and very warm
Starting music: Jesus Says by Ash
Finishing music: Teenage Steve McQueen by The Automatic

Well this is a bit annoying. Two of my runs have been logged on my Nike+ thingy but stubbornly refuse to upload, making it appear that I'm 15 miles behind when I'm not. On top of that, I've had a few slight twinges with my achilles tendon on my left leg around my ankle. I had a really bad strain last year that pretty much stopped me running for a couple of months, so I'm taking it very gently to make sure it doesn't go again - while the distance I do per week isn't hard, the whole challenge aspect of this, er, challenge was the consistency element. I can afford the odd missed day as I can easily catch that up, and could probably even lose a week as long as I did a few slightly longer runs later on. But losing a couple of months would really screw things up - and then I'd be pushing so hard to catch up I'd be at risk of giving myself another injury and setting myself back even more.

Hopefully the technological gremlins will sort themselves out next time I upload a new run. For my physical gremlins, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment