Wednesday 10 August 2011

Hauling my arse back on track


No. of km done: 636
No. of km to target: 364
Conditions: Cloudy and warm
Starting music: Shake It by Metro Station
Finishing music: Where's Your Head At? by Basement Jaxx

Well that was a bit of a slog, but I've done it. After getting at one point 20 miles behind schedule after missing four runs over less than 2 weeks, I've managed to catch up and am bang on target again. Not without some serious effort though - I've run over 20 miles in the last 7 days, and one of those was a 10 km run in 30°C heat (which very nearly did me in - don't try this at home, kids. Especially as running round and round in your home will get very boring very fast).

Pleased to have cleared the backlog though, and also pleased I can maybe bank some miles in advance again so that if I need to take any days off in future I won't have to catch up. Also pleased that I'm very nearly at 2/3rds done! Now if only I had 2/3rds of the sponsorship I wanted - looks like I need to do some more pimping of myself. Or rather, what I'm doing - I'm not literally going to pimp myself to raise money. Apart from anything else, I doubt it'd make much.

No comments:

Post a Comment