Wednesday 7 September 2011

Uh oh

No run update today because I'm injured - my Achilles tendon on my left leg is aching and I think I've got a minor pull, probably from doing a lot of walking as well as a 5-mile run at the weekend. Hopefully it's not badly damaged (it doesn't hurt most of the time nor did I feel it give out at any point, which I'm taking as a good sign), but this is the first time I've actually been worried that I might have done something that'll keep me out for potentially weeks so I'm taking no chances. It's also awkward as it's towards the end of the year so I have much less time to catch up if I am out for a bit - or to put it another way, I have to come straight back from being injured and do a lot of much longer runs than usual. Some of this is probably paranoia too, as it's the same leg and the same injury I had towards the end of last year that stopped me running for about a month (and at one point was so bad I could barely put any weight on my leg).

Oh well, fingers crossed I'll be OK to go out on Friday. I'm bang on schedule at the moment anway (or was on Sunday at least), so the good thing is even with a week out I won't be far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment