Friday 13 May 2011

Bummer

No. of km done: 376
No. of km to target: 624
Conditions: Sunny and warm
Starting music: The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret by Q.O.T.S.A
Finishing music: On A Day Like This by Elbow

Still managing to stay on schedule, but the pulled muscle in my upper thigh (and not my upper thing, as I just typed) that's making my arse hurt is no better. It doesn't stop me running at all (in fact, I barely notice it), but I suspect the running isn't helping it get better either and as the rest of the time I enjoy a sit down as much as the next man, it's getting a bit annoying.

Next week seems to have a few stormy days forecast, so that might make things interesting. And by interesting I possibly mean bloody awful if I get caught in a heavy downpour. Last summer I was out when it hammered down one day, and when I got home I wrang literally a pint of water out of my top. It may be great for wicking away sweat, but unfortunately that makes it excellent at hoovering up rain too. I've had a lot more sympathy for sheep when it rains after that day, I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment